Friday, March 5, 2010

Blogs for Instructional Designers

Amazingly enough, my first blog post ever is about how to direct you away from this blog and towards other blogs. Brilliant, I know! Actually, this has been a valuable lesson for me that I am passing on to you. There are countless bloggers out there (actually I’m sure we could count them, but I’m not going to) and fortunately some of them happen to blog about instructional design. Luckily for newbies to the industry like me, these bloggers are willing to share extremely valuable information on the world of instructional design. Today I am going to share three blogs that I have come across and give you a little insight into their offerings.

1. Making change: Ideas for lively elearning This blog is written by Cathy Moore who is an instructional designer with over 25 years of experience. Her posts are extremely informative, fun to read, and watch (yes, there are videos). This is a blog I will be spending a lot of time reading and interacting with because it contains tons of information and real life examples I find useful in getting ready to be an instructional designer. Click on her recommended posts to catch up if you are new to the blog. This is a blog for those with all levels of ID experience.

2.Experiencing E-Learning This blog is written by Christy Tucker. I chose this blog partially because of the career path similarities Christy and I share. She is a former teacher (like me) who moved into corporate training (like me, although I’m in educational training) and is now creating online training (what I’d like to be doing). Christy gives some great info and links on getting started in ID. She also provides bookmarks of great ID sites so it can save you some time surfing for resources!


3.The Rapid E-Learning Blog This blog is written by Tom Kuhlmann who has over 15 years of experience in the training industry. Tom offers informative and fun to read posts for instructional designers of all levels from “Designing the Right Course” to “Managing E-Learning Projects.” For newbies to the industry, check out his post “A Roadmap for Building an E-Learning Course.” It provides a lot of food for thought on getting started in instructional design. This is definitely a blog to follow for designers of all experience levels.

Hopefully I’ve proven my blog's worthiness by providing you with some phenomenal ID resources and maybe you’ll come back and visit sometime.

Have a great day!
-Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment